Well. I have found a talent. I realized that I do it with such ease that I must be good at it. Are you ready for the great unveiling? HA. Not yet. First I must share my week's plunders.
The Children's Place. Winter Clearance is 3.99 for Mik and 2.99 for Row, plus a 15% off coupon. That's right. Winter school clothes- check! Over $300 worth of clothes for $66- check. Now, that is for Row and Mik and two baby shower outfit/gifts as well! Hello.. Can you say bargain? Yeah, goodwill is nice. But there is something nice about brand new socks- the plush downy feel and warmth and coziness, and brand new jeans that are untainted. It just feels good. My kids don't know the difference but I do. I admit that I prefer new over used. Usually. Depending on the need. Depending on the situation. The pants I wore today are from Goodwill (Hurley for 4.99!). And I will NEVER forget the Givenchy shirt Melian snagged at St. Thomas's that I wore for years even after she died. I had no clue I was wearing such an exclusive label. I wonder if she knew?
Dillard's- Children's shoes on clearance. Little man Nike's and little man Stride Rites for $8.60 and $10.80 respectively. Worth it. Those I can resale at consignment when Row is done with them! Oh and some way cute flaming chucks for $8.70. Thank you converse. Roughly $100 worth of shoes for less than $30. Not amazing. But pretty good.
Food Lion- again my stomach thanks you for going out of business. 60% percent off of all groceries, and I had a new freezer to fill, cabinets to line, and little money to do so. $1000 worth of groceries for $285. My receipt was so long that the computer wouldn't ring me up anymore and they had to check me out twice. So worth it; and despite the fact that it was supposed to help food storage. I know we will inevitably eat it all because we always find ourselves short. Go figure.
I also bought a new black skirt for $14.99. Not a huge steal, but it is adorable and I deserve it. Well, I want it. I don't totally need it, but I really do. Really. No. Not so much. It's cute though and that does matter. Some. Maybe.
Any ideas at what I am good at?
SPENDING MONEY!! I could have saved all that money and not spent any of it and never known the difference.
Do you want to see what I really wanted?

A mere $648.00 Let me just say, the picture does NOT do these beautiful works of art justice. I was aching to buy them. I really considered it. Official announcement: I'm crazy for cowboy boots. I'm crazy for shiny studded cowboy boots. These felt so rich and beautiful. They gave me the same pleasure as Birthday Cake Re-Mix from Coldstone. And that says a bunch right there.
I've wanted new boots since I put on my mom's old ones for Halloween and realized how comfy and eclectic they are. I know my sister's are cringing. The boots are a bit much. Black and White leather, black and white beads, and fringe. Annie Oakley here I come.
Oh, and these boots were OK too. Definitely classics on my wish list. Someday when I have $400 to invest. Yeah right.
5 comments:
Good talent. I don't have that talent. I do not like shopping but I do love SAVING (that is why I coupon)
THOSE 1st BOOTS! I LOVE THEM TOO!
Beth, you nailed it... when you were running around Tulsa with those fancy white cow boy boots...
That is awesome that you saved that much though!! I need to learn.
way to be :)
Speaking of food storage, you are supposed to eat it! It should be things that you eat daily, enough that when things are tight you have extra to feed your family. If it just sits there and rots then it is rotten food, not food storage. :) You are doing just what you have been counseled to do :)
Exactly -- just don't forget to replace what ya use!
We hit up the Childrens Place sale too, only our coupon was for 20%... it saved us about an extra $0.30 on one purchase (I know this because the girl used her 15% coupon instead of our 20% coupon and Jeremy went back to make them rering it with out coupon...how embarrassing!!!!) But gosh dang...I'm heading over to Dillards in the off chance that I can find some shoes for my kids for such a good deal!!!!! I'm jealous of the $10 shoes.
OH and PS... we have the flame chucks too! Ha, only I got them free with a coupon when I was pregnant with Lucas. LOVE them!
Post a Comment