22 October 2009

Hmmmmm....

Well, it is almost midnight as I type this out- it's one of those nights I keep putting off going to sleep because I know Row is about to wake up and will want something. Rather than pull myself out of bed which makes me grumpy I would rather face the music while semi-awake and not pulling myself from the comfort of my beautiful, fluffy, warm bed. It's just easier this way. Until tomorrow. Hmmmmm.

My sisters have been asking for an update. Most notably, Rachelle would prefer one without mention of coupons. "Beth that is so boring. Who cares about coupons? That's not funny. And when is Randy going to tell about changing Rowan and then wrapping him in a paper towel becaue there were no diapers?And then bringing him to you in the middle of your lesson? At church right?" (I'm still waiting for that story too!)The YW thought Row looked adorable in his 'diaper.' Not one realized it was a swaddling paper towel protecting them from Row's elements. Poor poor naked kid. And that isn't even the funniest part.

Either way... A brief relatively uninteresting update is most definitely in order. Maybe tomorrow after school I can even upload pictures.

Randy- plugging away diligently for Spanish II students, wrestlers, family, church, and whatever else. He's tired but smiles everyday and is more than grateful that he no longer drops Mickey off at preschool in the mornings. He's a little nervous that Mikayla has earned 12 dollars and won't spend any of it (see valid concerns below.) He is prepping for a pretty big conference that he will present at in a few weeks. I'm really excited for him. I hope it puts his name out there a bit for when he wants a curriculum position. I know everyone he works with loves him (how can they not?)and that Randy really enjoys teaching.

Mikayla- also plugging away diligently but for money instead. Someone (a cute not so red redhead that I adore) promised her that if she earned $100 dollars she could get a dog. With much confidence he pointed out to me that she only had $2.56 and that she likes to buy skittles. He was wrong. She may like money and she may like skittles, but she likes dogs more. Mikayla is earning AND saving money. NOT something we thought would happen. She doesn't falter and wants another "Noche". She has quit praying for our old Noche on a regular basis, but still puts a word in every now and then. We have witnessed a full fledged effort to earn money. Mickey has also let me know that our next Noche will look like the first. Curly hair is a must apparently. I'm going to let the handsome redhead deal with this!

Mickey has also become very insistent on helping Rowan by 'teaching' him to walk, talk, get into things, take things apart, and eat. This evening she fed him pizza. Some lessons end up with them rolling on the floor, one or the other screaming, or giggles and laughs all over the place! Mickey is doing once a week preschool with a group of friends- a Joy School type thing, has recovered from the loss of cable (Disney- you can be so wrong for the youth of America) and loves loves LOVES to read books from the library. She is working on writing her name and letters in a straight line and knowing all the sounds. Twice a week she gets special art lessons too. (Ok... I'm the art teacher so they aren't really special but Mik thinks they are.)

Rowan- the little man is huge. At almost ten months he is 20 pounds 4 oz. Again, he's only in the 50th percentile but still feels like the biggest little man ever. His head is in the 75th which doesn't surprise me at all. Most people at Lyle's love his big head and call him Dill Pickles (a cartoon character with an overly large head.) As a non-snuggler he spends time climbing on Mommy and Daddy, eating anything he can get his hands on, trying to play in the toilet, pulling Mikayla or Mommy's hair, and biting Mommy's shoulders. He hasn't slept through the night in months and wakes up so ravenous that I think he could eat a cheeseburger. At least the bun.... He has taken steps but it just isn't something we've been encouraging. We figure that if he is already putting metal in electrical outlets, been caught eating electrical cords, regularly pulls down the garbage can (yes, I've caught him eating out of it) takes apart phones, eats phones, tries to get into all cabinets, pulls down drawers, chews pens and markers, climbs out of the bathtub on his own (an attempt to escape Mikayla that put him half in half out of the tub... feeble really but still scary for the both of us), climbs up stairs then turns and 'lets mommy catch him' etc then he probably shouldn't be walking yet. Why add one more hazard?

4 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I don't rush walking either :)
Also I can totally relate to waiting up so you don't have to get out of bed. Last night I had a headache from getting up and down about 20 times for this or that...I should have just stayed up and watched TV til they all went to sleep haha.

Elle Keeps Moving said...

Sounds like our babies would be partners in crime together. We gave up on keeping Lucy out of the trash or at least the recycle bin. It doesn't have anything too gross so we just let her at it.

Unknown said...

Wow Beth, you really have got your hands full! Funny post by the way. I wish I could make my posts more interesting.

Anonymous said...

I think its funny that Mik wont spend any of her $$... she is determined!! And Row... eating out of the trash... how exciting!! Tell Randy we said good luck!!