A few things to note about Rowan:
At his 6 month check up he weighed in at 17 pounds 8 ounces (before his normal 8 oz bottle and after a huge diaper... I think I'm actually toting around an 18 pound baby)
His head circumference is 17 and 3/4 (I'm going from memory here... that number sounds large but it just may be right because we often get comments about how big his head is....)
I can't remember how long he is but it is in the affirmative that he is growing (he is about the size Mikayla was at one year.)
We were surprised to hear that he is 'average.' I guess that I am so used to a smaller baby, not that Mikayla was unusually small or anything, but Rowan seems so much larger. Apparently NOT.
Rowan is a very calm baby. I thought Mickey was calm but Row has proven to be a very mellow mini-man. These are most definitely Randy's genetics. We all know I am not programmed that way.
He has started to crawl. He started at 5 and 1/2 months wiggling to get things and about a week later it became his official mode of transportation. Albeit he is not on his hands and knees- he does have one arm down and is doing more of an army crawl. Either way, I am in deep mourning over his new feat. My life of ease is OVER. We all know that children who are mobile are dangerous.
Rowan cannot sit up on his own, but if we place him in a sitting position he can hold it for almost a minute and then gracefully fall over and then begin crawling to the next toy or food.
As I type this I am listening to the beginnings of baby babble. Amamamamamaaaamamma warms my heart. Excuse me for a moment while I go pick up my son.
5 comments:
That is so adorable that he's getting mobile! Yes, you will have to remember to babyproof the place again...but at least you can watch him grow and develop.
I have been meaning to come into your school and get my hairs cut. I really hate it right now, and for the cheap price and awesome person cutting it, I don't think I can afford not to come in!
oh he's so cute! At first I thought he looked just like randy but then I saw a lot of you too. I guess he looks a lot like Mikayla! Glad you're enjoying your babies...wish we lived closer. Enjoy hair school!
haha, ok, the above comment is mine...my sister was signed in on my computer last and she used her husbands account...
He looked so handsome the other night. Can't wait to come get a trim so maybe I can see the kiddos too!
How fun! it is great to hear from you!
Post a Comment