Mikayla was wearing it one night when I came home from school, and then the next night she had me put it on Rowan. Aren't they CUTE?
Both of them are very popular at my school- each day my fellow classmates ask if I'll bring in my babies. I do at least twice a week. Rowan loves everyone and everyone loves Rowan and Mikayla is fascinated with all the hair styling/cutting/processing and asks questions. Ultimately she ends with, "Can I get my hair cut too?" or "Can I cut your mannequin?" She was treated to a manicure last night so I could sneak in an hour of school and have my kids with me (Rowan was alseep so it was ok!) Mikayla noticed a fellow classmate walking by and whispered as well as a four year old whispers, "Mommy, I don't like his tattoo. Jesus says we aren't supposed to have that on our body. It doesn't make Him happy." Hmmmmm.
I'm so glad she's been paying attention but I didn't know exactly how to respond. I'll give her some credit though, her whisper is pretty good and I know my classmate didn't hear her. It reminded me of a day we were standing in the express lane at Wal-Mart and a very elderly woman was ringing us up. It was very apparent the person had spent large amounts of time in the sun as a youth, young adult, adult, middle aged, young old and as an old old adult. Without sunscreen. She was the wrinkliest person I have ever seen.Cute but wrinkly. Mikayla stared for a full minute, open mouthed and openly curious with a dash of stress on top.
Finally she looked at me, looked back at the person then looked again and walked back to me. She then pulled my ear down with a terrified whisper said, "Mommy what's wrong with her face?" She was genuinely concerned that this little, mature lady might have something wrong with her. Now if only she whispered like that all of the time! Nah.. where would the fun be then?
Here are some pictures of Mik with one of my used mannequins from the school. She does 'cuts' for every person she knows. That means she takes the comb, pulls up some hair and chops away. She does this using her "zizzers." Mommy gets one, then Daddy, and all of her new friends from our new ward. I have no idea what I will do when the mannequin is bald but we should have a few more days of fun with it.She is starting to grasp that 'Mommy does hair' and that it presents a lot of fun new things to play with.
BIG NEWS OF THE DAY:
As of Wednesday at 12:30 in the afternoon I will be allowed to do cuts, colors, styles, nails, waxing, etc at school. Cuts are only five bucks, color is a great price and a really good product (surprisingly they use one of the top color lines in the US and Europe) too... so any and all who are willing to help me out I would really appreciate a visit at school so I can practice practice practice. And send your friends too. I'm slow but thorough. Just call Lyles' School of Hair and Nail Design 242-0858 and request Beth. PLEASE! I'll never get better until I can do more hair on real people with real hair (I like my mannequin but it just isn't the same!)and walk-ins are hard to come by because so many students compete for them. I won't even expect a tip! Just practice!
4 comments:
I have soooooooo been waiting for this I need a trim and a color soooooooooooooooooooo bad. I've been checking your blog to hear news of you being able to do this.....
yayayayayayaya
Lynne
I think I'll be doing that sometime soon. The last time I went in to get my hair cut, the lady butchered it, and I've had to "fix it" to make it manageable. I need to get it evened out though. It's currently cut in that "shorter in the back going to longer in the front A-line" look. I HATE IT! So I think when I get $5 I'll come in and see you.
I think it's so adorable that Mik likes to play with your manequin!
I need one too! Maybe I can come with Lynne so I have someone to watch my little one! Ha. On to more important things, could those kids be any cuter? I mean seriously!
I especially like the creepy mannequin head in the first picture. Those things startle me everytime I see them...especially the time I woke up from a nap and one was balanced on my stomach staring at me. Thanks Mikayla.
Post a Comment