Randy and I just debated about the proper spelling of 'highlights.' We didn't come up with a good answer. I think it is similar to the Kleenex phenomenon... you know... we all call them Kleenex but that is simply the most advertised brand name. The real term is tissue. Unless you are rich like Grammie and can buy the REAL thing:-)
This in from Randy- highlights. Hi-lites, hi-lights, etc are brand names.
Now for my point. We had a fabulous day:
Randy went to the park with the kids, baby-sat, brought me lunch, and came rushing to my rescue later on in the day. A rather dashing knight in shining armor if I may say so myself! I went to school, applied highlights to a very very thick head of hair (so fun and exciting for me!) left early for a meeting, was rear ended (sad) but was oh-so-proud of my little car (the Yaris took the beating well and the insurance company assured me that they would take care of everything so it should be a low hassle fix.)I missed my meeting but was able to take my achy back home and cuddle up with the babies and the hubby.
Really though, it was a great day. Despite the fender bender that really frazzled me it was a wonderful day. I couldn't help but think about my life and how blessed I am to be living it. Healthy husband and children, a home, the gospel, a bright red kitchen... Bliss!
Oh, and I have been married for FIVE YEARS today. More on that later! It will be a long, somewhat sappy blog about how amazing and wonderful my husband is, how fun it has been and still is... and more I am sure.
2 comments:
Yikes on the accident. I was rearended almost 5 years ago, and suffered horrible migrains afterward. Turns out I had whiplash and didn't know it.
Congrats on the highlights! I need to come get my hair cut in the worst way!
Five years?!! Jared and I had a conversation today about how in October we'll have been married 3 years and then I said, "Yeah, that does seem like a long time...but 5 years, that is the big one." Jared agreed. Congrats!!
Post a Comment