I posted this on my secret blog that was supposed to be more of a journal that five people have access too... I've written on it once in the last calendar year and that was today. I figured I could stick it on here to. Any thoughts on this:
I wish I had a blog where I could say exactly what I think without worrying what anyone would think. One that I could really say what I think about Comcast, my wedgies, stinky dogs running around my house, cranky days, bad days with anxiety, oooo and ahhh my children because they really are THAT amazing, talk about my sexy husband... I guess that's what journals are for.
But NOT really. Because someday someone could read my journal. And they probably don't want to know that I hate the thought of plastic tampon applicators filling up the land fills, or that I am addicted to fountain drinks, or that I am a tired cranky mom, or whatever weird thing was on my mind that day.. because then it would reflect my bad side. And we can't have that can we? I don't want my progeny to know just how mad I can get, just how anxious/paranoid I am, or that I'm not really that nice of a person who doesn't always have spiritual insights and great understandings. Umm HELLO? My kids are supposed to think I am amazing right? Why ruin that false idea? (I have to admit, I love being idolized by my little ones.)
I feel like we can't show any negativity because it can (and it really can) invite more in. So what are we supposed to do with it? I mean that seriously. Where are we supposed to talk about the things that upset us, drive us insane, or that we just need to let out? Or how about our definitely not politically correct opinions? Or how frustrated I am that Rowan has had diahrhea for a months, or whatever.
Let's face it, some things you can put on a blog and some things you can't. I feel the same way about journals too. So where are we supposed to put our negatives? They need to be dealt with or else they just fester (for me at least.) P.S. Fester is a gross word. I have to tell someone or something about my insecurities, bad days, and ill formed ideas right?
3 comments:
haha, Beth you're great, I completely agree with you. I usually complain to my husband, he'll usually forgive my imperfections, unless of course the complaints are about him. How about writing it all down and then burning it or shredding it. Maybe that will do the trick?
I use my husband as a sounding board.
He loves me so doesn't think my ramblings are completely insane.
I do have a few good friends I can shoot a venting email and that always helps. My husband did have to learn that I don't always need a solution to my venting, sometimes I just want to vent. He'll ask now, "do you want me to help or just listen?"
Have you tried just writing it down on paper and then once its all out just throw it away? No need to keep something like that laying around and then have to read it later... no point. We all have cruddy days
PS. I need to know what address you use for blog so I can add you to ours!!!!!!! I sent you an email a while ago but never got a reply so if you could, email, text or call me with it.
Post a Comment